Athlete's Cookbook - Recipes for Success
Here are some recipes for athletes, which have been collated by a registered sports dietitian. Each recipe includes key features which make it suitable for particular athletes. All of these healthy tasty recipes are designed for the athlete, with relevant information about eating for sports performance. I hope you find that the recipes are not only good for you, but taste great too.
- Chicken and Eggplant Meatballs - This is a fairly simple meal to prepare, but you do need to get your hands dirty rolling meatballs
- Cauliflower Soup - It is super easy to make in one pot, and doesn't require any fancy ingredients.
- Mediterranean Pasta - a dish inspired by the classic Greek combination of feta cheese and olives.
- Ginger and Lime Prawns with Rice - so fresh and healthy, with a slightly Japanese style flavour.
- Salmon and Coriander Pasta - quick to prepare and it doesn't require any tricky preparation techniques.
- Beetroot Risotto - Beetroot seems an unlikely match for a risotto, but the purple colour of the beetroot makes for an outstanding look to the meal.
- Pearl Barley Risotto with Lamb and Feta - a pesto flavoured risotto made with pearl barley instead of the traditional arborio rice.
- Sweet Potato Frittata - a highly nutritious dish where you can use anything in your fridge or pantry as ingredients.
- Stuffed Squid with Olive Salad - fabulous light summery meal, with a slightly higher degree of difficulty in making, but well worth it.
- Grilled Fish with Pear Risotto - a great one-pot dish that is very quick to make.